Sunday, July 6, 2008

About Me:

My name is Wendy Sommers and I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada with my husband and two wonderful children.

I'm not your 'typical' scrapbooker. You'll never hear me say that I have been creative and crafting every since I could hold a pencil. In fact, I'm the complete opposite. I have always searched for something just for me - an activity or hobby that would fulfill me and I could call my own. I searched for many years. I definitely never thought I was crafty or creative enough to enjoy any form of art. Who knew that the birth of my 2nd child and a dear friend (who lives too far away) would pave the way to my love of scrapbooking?

I have been scrapbooking since July, 2003. I enjoy a good challenge and I believe my scrapbooking represents that. My scrapbooking style is always changing and evolving. I would currently describe my style as distressed, layered and linear.

Publications:

So Sketchy! Subscriber newsletter - July 2008 - "Diva in Training"
Scrapbooks & Cards Today publication - Fall 2007 issue - "Crazy About You"
Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine - Spring 2006 issue - "Chocolate Cousins"

Design Teams:

November 2011 - March 2012: Design Team Member: Let's Capture Our Memories (term ended)
January 2009 - March 2009: Design Team Member: Scrapbook Star (term ended)
July 2008 - July 2009: Design Team Member for So Sketchy! Blog (term ended)
June 2008 - January 2009: Design Team Member for Scrap Schemes Blog (term ended)
August 2006 - May 2008: Design Team Member: Scrapshotz

Other:

February 2007 - Page Maps - "I Just Love This Girl"
Sketch # 58- Got Sketch blog (Valerie Salmon) - "Oh That Face!"
Sketch # 19 - Got Sketch blog (Valerie Salmon) - "Reach High"

No comments: